Merida Update: Sept 28
I finished the embroidery on the sleeve cuffs for my Princess Merida costume. Technically speaking there isn’t any embroidery as far as I can tell from movie stills, but since it is on the underdress and will never be seen, I feel alright making it super pretty.
I cannot take credit for the embroidery designs, I found the border design from The Blackwork Embroidery Archives.
And the Monogram, I found at NeedlenThread.
For the underdress and gown, I will be using the same pattern as my previous medieval styled gowns.The biggest difference will be the sleeves, and I hope to have enough time to make period accurate medieval shoes, but we will see.