So I know this sounds crazy since I’ve already got several other dresses already lined up in the near future:
- 1860’s day dress for my friend in green silk
- An 1863 Zouave ensemble for my little sister – christmas present so it’s gotta get done soon
- An 1860’s or 1880’s dress for me in either brown or raspberry silk yet to be determined
- A Robe a la Anglaise for my friend – same friend as above to go with her American Duchess Georgiana Silk Shoes
- Apparently I’m making 17th Century ensembles for my friends this year – preferably before Halloween although I don’t know where they would wear them
- A 15th century dress in there somewhere as well
But!!!!! I really really really want to make this dress.
Isn’t it gorgeous? I’m a little afraid of the slashed sleeves and all of the details on the sleeves, but it’s the skirt that I absolutely love. Did I ever mention I love pleated skirts? Well I do. And this one is fabulous.
One day in the future I’ll make this dress, but until then, I’ll have to settle for all of the Victorian styles I’m currently sewing.